Halvorsen Company is a supplier of custom steel and alloy gear blanks. We manufacture, form and fabricate large diameter, heavy-duty gear blanks for industrial drives, gearboxes and gear units.
Halvorsen fabricates and forms industrial gear blanks found in motors, power transmission applications, mining equipment, industrial gearboxes, gearboxes for wind turbines, hydraulic marine gearboxes, geared motors and gear sets for energy applications. Fabricated gear blanks are often more inexpensive than forged or cast gear blanks because no template pattern is required. Additionallly, we can rival deliveries of cast or forged gear blanks due to materials being readily aviaiable.
To talk with us about our gear blank fabricating and manufacturing services please call 1-800-423-7080 and ask for Justin Frick or a Sales Engineer or email email@example.com.
Fabrication services are provided to gear manufacturers and machine shops. Materials that we process to fabricate large gear blanks include steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, tool steel and high-strength alloy steel. We source the materials, forgings and plates required for our fabricated gear blanks. We provide assembly and welding services during our gear blank manufacturing. We stress relieve and weld the gear blanks that we manufacture. We use the magnetic particle method of non-destructive examination when we inspect our welds. We usually prime and paint the heavy-duty steel and alloy gear blanks that we produce. Once we have completed the process of manufacturing and fabricating the steel and alloy gear blanks, we then ship them to our customers.
Our fabricated gear blank manufacturing unit produces gear blanks in many different sizes and dimensions. The steel gear blanks we produce are designed to the specific dimensions required by our customers. Ranges that fall within our core product offerings are typically from 24″ dia. to 168″ dia.
We custom fabricate gear blanks used in the following:
- Helical Gears
- Large Hydraulic Mining Shovel
- Gearboxes and Gearing Components for the Mining Extraction Process
- Speed-Changing gears
- Double Helical Gears
- Gears Used in Dryers, Kilns, and Small Mills
- Gear Trains
- Turbine Gears
- Bull Gears
- Crossed Axis Helical Gears
- Parallel Axis Gears
- Gear Drives Used in Large Rolling Mills and Grinding Mills
- Bevel Gears
- Hypoid Gears
- Gear Units for Crushers Used in the Mining Industry
- Gears Used in Cooling Tower Drives
- High-Speed Turbo-Machinery Gearing
- Herringbone Gears
- Gear Units used in Aerators
- Gear Units Used in Agitators
- Gear Units Used in Air Cooled Condensers
- Reduction Gears
- Spiral Bevel Gears
- Internal Gears
- Gear Units Used in Belt Conveyors
- Gear Units Used in Bucket Elevators
- Gear Units Used in Bucket Wheel Excavators
- Gear Units Used in Cranes
- Parallel Helical Gears
- Power Plant Gear Units
- Gear Units Used in Crushers
- Gear Units Used in Extruders
- Gear Units Used in Jack-Up Rigs
- Gear Units Used in Lauter Tuns
- Locomotive Traction Drives
- Gear Units Used in Preheaters
- Gear Units Used in Mining Trucks
- Automotive and Machine Tool Machines
- Gear Units Used in Paper and Pulp Preparation Sections
- Gear Units Used in Railway Vehicles
- Gear Units Used in Reactors
- Gear Units Used in Marine Main Propulsion Drives
- Gear Units Used in Roller Presses
- Gear Units Used in Ropeways
- Gear Units Used in Rotary Kilns
- Gear Units Used in Ships
- Gear Units Used in Marine Dredge Pump Drives
- Gear Units Used in Sugar Mills
- Gear Units Used in Tube Mills
- Gear Units Used in Vertical Mills
- Gear Units Used in Pulverizers
- Gear Units Used in Marine Auxiliary Drives
- Gear Units Used in Pump and Compressor Drives
- Gear Units Used in Water Screw Pumps
- Gear Units Used in Roller Press Drives
- Gear Units Used in Water Turbines
- Gear Units Used in Wet Cooling Towers
We provide a wide range of fabricating services including plate rolling, press brake forming, plate bending, plate cutting and heat treating. We also custom fabricate cylinders, cones, rings, transitions, pressure vessels, and process tanks.
For more information about the fabricated gear blanks that we produce or to get pricing, please call 1-800-423-7080 and ask for Justin Frick or a Sales Engineer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other services include ASME Code pressure vessel construction, grinding and polishing, machining, reverse engineering, inspection (CMM and NDE) and metallurgical services.
Our custom metal fabrication services include engineering, raw material selection, consulting and purchasing, CNC (computer numerical control) plasma cutting and burning, metal forming, steel plate machining, component welding and part and equipment assembly. We are considered an industry leading “fabrication shop” in the area of custom fabrication of complex large components, heavy steel plate, forgings and machined weldments. We use many different metalworking techniques, tools and processes to fabricate gear blanks including sawing, shearing, torching, CNC cutting, press brake forming, heat treating, plate bending, plate forming, plate rolling, testing, inspecting and welding.
The Halvorsen Company is an experienced full service gear blank fabricator. We are a custom manufacturer of fabricated gear blanks with excellent mechanical engineering capabilities and metallurgical services.
To submit a design or CAD drawing of a gear blank, to get pricing for gear blank manufacturing services, to submit an RFQ, ask a sales engineer a question, discuss your current gear blank project, place a gear blank fabrication order or to schedule a tour of our custom gear blank fabrication facilities, please call 1-800-423-7080 and ask for Justin Frick or a Sales Engineer or email email@example.com.