The Halvorsen Company: A Pressure Vessel Engineering and Design Services Company – Call 1-800-423-7080 for Pricing or a Cost Estimate
The Halvorsen Company engineers and designs pressure vessels. These engineering and design services are frequently provided in conjunction with our pressure vessel fabrication manufacturing and services. Our firm produces, assembles, builds, tests, inspects and delivers ASME code pressure vessels and tanks to customers throughout the United States. Our business provides pressure vessel (PV) engineering and design services to companies that do not want to maintain an in-house engineering staff. We also provide pressure vessel engineering and design services to customers that do not want to contract a third party pressure vessel engineering and design firm that will not be involved in the actual production and custom fabrication of the pressure vessel or tank.
Our V.P. of Manufacturing is Justin Frick. His direct telephone line is 216-706-2202. You can email him at email@example.com or fax a document to 216-341-7557. Contact Justin Frick to learn more about The Halvorsen Company’s pressure vessel engineering and design services or to request a quote or estimate for these services.
Our fabricators specialize in manufacturing welded steel shells and cylinders and attaching dish shaped or convex head closures. Experienced pressure vessel engineers and designers that work at the Halvorsen Company include Ross Frick (President), Justin Frick (V.P. of Manufacturing) and Jim Musil (Chief Engineer).
Computer-aided design (CAD) software, engineering, drawing, computational and productivity tools that we use include the following:
- SolidWorks is a solid modeling CAD (computer-aided design) program we use to design and validate pressure vessels and tanks. We use it to design, draw and layout pressure vessels, tanks, components to ensure proper fit up of the fabricated unit.
- AutoCAD is used to create detailed fabrication drawings of pressure vessels. These shop fabrication drawings are used in the manufacturing facility by welders, fabricators and machine operators.
- PV Elite (Pressure Vessel Design Software) by Integraph is used to define pressure boundary conditions for pressure vessels and heat exchangers.
Our firm specializes in ASME code pressure vessel engineering and design services. Types of ASME compliant pressure vessels and tanks that we engineer and design include the following:
ASME Code Compliant Tanks and Pressure Vessels
- pressurized tanks
- pressure vessels
- boiler steam drums
- specialized boilers for the power generation industry
- settler vessels
- pulp and paper steaming vessels
- knock-out pots (vapor–liquid separator)
- Hydraulic Accumulators and Pneumatic Accumulators
- storage tanks
- cooker vessels (jacketed steam-cooker vessels)
- stripper columns and towers
- vertical water softener vessels
- pressure reactors (reactor pressure vessels)
- ASME separators
- specialized heat exchangers
- distillation towers (industrial fractionating columns)
- oil and gas refinery pressure vessels
- pressure vessels used as separators
- flash tanks
- rubber lined tanks
- blow down tanks
- compressed air vessels
- mixing tanks
- filter tanks
- cyclone separators
- industrial autoclaves
- process tanks
- API 650 Units
We also engineer and design components and fittings for pressure vessels that include the following:
- power piping
- external attachments
- quick opening doors
- head closures
- toriconical heads
- welded components (fittings, shells, heads and pipings)
- special flanges
- reinforcing pads
- ladders and platforms for vertical and horizontal vessels
- head assemblies
- support saddles
- sight glasses
- forged parts
If your firm is interested in contracting with The Halvorsen Company to engineer or design a custom pressure vessel, please contact our V.P. of Manufacturing, Justin Frick. His direct telephone line is 216-706-2202. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax a document to 216-341-7557.
For more information on pressure vessel engineering, design and manufacturing please visit the following resources:
- ASME Pressure Vessels Engineering Topics Page
- Halvorsen: ASME Pressure Vessel Manufacturer, Designer
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) Construction
- Pressure Vessel Manufacturing and Fabrication Process Picture Portfolio
- Pressure Vessel Industry Manufacturing and Engineering News
- Pressure Vessel Design Information from Wikipedia
- CoDesign Engineering’s Pressure Vessel Newsletters
- International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping
- Over 6,000 reports published by the ASTM related to pressure vessels and standards
- Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology from the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Digital Collection
- 4-Day Pressure Vessel Training Course for Refinery Engineers Offered by The Equity Engineering Group, Inc.
This course in an excellent opportunity for engineers that work at refineries to get a practical understanding of pressure vessel component design, pressure vessel analysis, pressure vessel design loads, how to calculate reinforcements and temperature considerations (MDMT). Students of this course will learn about the different materials used to build pressure vessels, how pressure vessels are fabricated and how they are examined and tested. The course focuses on the ASME Code, Section VIII, Division 1 pressure vessels. Attendees will also learn about common pressure vessels used by refineries such as header boxes, heat exchangers, towers and drums. This course provides the refinery engineer a practical understanding of the basics of pressure vessel design and analysis. The company that offers this course is an industry leader in developing advanced technologies and engineering standards which make oil refining and petrochemical plants safe and efficient. The fixed equipment technology development company has offices in Ohio, Texas and Canada. To learn more about the 4-Day Pressure Vessel course or to register, email email@example.com.
- 4th Edition of Dennis Moss’ “Pressure Vessel Design Manual” Published on January 9, 2013, Now Available at Amazon.com
- Pressure Equipment Engineering Services, Inc. located in Missouri City, Texas was founded by Bharat Batra and was incorporated in 1993. The president has over twenty five years of pressure vessel design and engineering experience. He taught a pressure vessel design seminar for the ASME South Texas Section and a pressure vessel design course for the University of Houston. He has taught Pressure Vessel design seminar at ASME South Texas Section and a pressure vessel design course at University of Houston. The company specializes in the design, analysis, re-rating and fitness-for-service evaluations of pressure vessels, boilers, heat exchangers, storage tanks and piping. The also provide finite element analysis, conventional stress analysis and piping stress analysis. The company has expertise using the following types of software, Compress Pressure Vessel Design Software, ANSYS software, Intergraph CAESAR II, NozzlePRO, FEPipe, FractureGraphic, Intergraph PV Elite and PTC Mathcad.
- Codeware’s COMPRESS is used to increase design efficiency while engineering pressure vessels and related components.
- Becht Engineering, with eight offices located in North America, provides pressure vessel engineering and consulting services. The ASME pressure vessel code experts at Bech Engineeging write design code and provide design evaluations for pressure vessels used in the power, chemical and refining industries. They also provide project management services and turnaround management services to clients in the energy sector, including oil and gas production and refining, petrochemical, chemical, industrial gas, alternative energy, and fossil and nuclear power. The firm also performs complex design and analysis of heat exchangers and pressure vessels.
- OSHA standards standards related to pressure vessels published by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and United States Department of Labor
- Mechanical Engineering Book Titled “Practical Guide to Pressure Vessel Manufacturing” written by Sunil Kumar Pullarcot and Published in 2002 Available at books.google.com
- Pressure Vessel Manufacturers Association (PVMA)
- Basic formulas for thin walled pressure vessels with examples
- Pressure vessel design tools in Excel 2010 spreadsheet format provided by Pressure Vessel Engineering, a company founded in 1999 in Waterloo, Ontario that designs pressure vessels and fittings used in food, pharmaceutical, oilfield, water and gas industries.
- Pressure Vessel & Tank Consulting, a company owned by John Monney, based in Greensboro, North Carolina provides pressure vessel engineering and design work. Services include mechanical specification, design, analysis, failure analysis, inspection, troubleshooting and expert witness work on pressure vessels and tanks. Mr. Mooney is an expert in the pressure vessel engineering and design industry. The Registered Professional Engineer is former chairman of the ASME Pressure Vessel Code Special Working Group on Toughness, is a member of the API Subcommittee on Aboveground Storage Tanks and has a Masters Degree in Stress Analysis. He has worded as a pressure vessel engineering and design consultant on pressure vessels for companies and organizations such as ExxonMobil, Chevron, Mobil, Texaco, Fluor-Daniel, Carmagen Engineering, Equilon (Shell Oil), Becht Engineering, Berger/Abam Engineers and the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority. Because of his vast knowledge and experience, he has worked an expert witness for OSHA and legal firms.
- Guidebook for the design of ASME Section VIII Pressure Vessel
- New Century Engineering and Design, a company based in Sanford, Michigan that provides mechanical engineering, design and detailing services for pressure vessel/storage tank fabricators and erectors.
- Pressure Vessel Guidelines from OSHA Technical Manual (OTM) Section IV: Chapter 3
- DesignCalcs is an ASME Section VIII, Division 1 Code compliant pressure vessel design software program is licensed on an annual subscription basis from CEI. The firm, based in Blue Springs, Missouri provides productivity tools and highly specialized software to companies in the pressure vessel engineering and welding industries.
- Adaptive Engineering Services, LLC is a pressure vessel design firm based in Washington D.C. Their in-house engineering staff designs, analyzes and re-rates pressure vessels used in nuclear plants, power plants, chemical plants and oil and gas refineries. They have completed design projects for filters, heat exchangers, spherical vessels, horizontal pressure vessels, vertical pressure vessels and tall columns. The pressure vessel design engineers at Adaptive Engineering Services have experience complying with ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Div. – 1, Div. – 2 and Div. – 3, ASME I – Construction of Power Boilers, ASME II – Materials, ASME III – Construction of Nuclear Facility Components, ASME IV – Construction of Heating Boilers and ASME VIII-1 / VIII-2 – Construction of Pressure Vessels. Their firm provides engineering services and products to the offshore oil and gas industry and focuses their efforts on offshore systems and deep-water applications.
- Pressure Vessel Thickness Calculation – Calculates thickness based on ASME Sec VIII Div 1, Div 2 for a cylindrical pressure vessel for Carbon Steel (CS), Killed Carbon Steel (KCS), Stainless Steel (SS), SS304, SS316 metallurgy.
- Stress Engineering Services, formed in 1972, specializes in the design, analysis, testing, and monitoring of pressure vessels and piping systems. Their engineers serve on ASME and API committees that develop pressure vessel codes and standards. They provides their clients with product, component and equipment designs, recommendations, and testing services. Follow Stress Engineering Services on LinkedIn.
- AutoPIPE Vessel powered by Microprotol enables fully automatic workflows, including complete global codes and applied loadings for pressure vessels, heat exchangers, tanks, and air coolers, to deliver greater productivity, safer designs, cost effective manufacturing, and improved project collaboration.
- Anderson Engineering, based in Canby, Oregon is a small service engineering consulting company. They provide engineering, consulting, design and drafting services of ASME Pressure Vessels. The pressure vessel engineers and designers at Anderson Engineering have experience in pressure vessel work such as advanced custom configurations and components, a full range of pressure and service temperatures, specialized process applications, TEMA heat exchangers, API storage tanks and AWWA reservoirs. Their knowledge of ASME pressure vessel fabrication methods, technologies, codes and construction standards assure safe, reliable, cost-effective equipment for many specialized heavy industrial applications. Eric E. Anderson, P.E. is the principle engineer of Anderson Engineering.
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) from Wikipedia
- KnightHawk Engineering, based in Houston, Texas provides pressure vessel design and engineering services. The firm, founded in July of 1991 by Cliff Knight, designs pressure vessel and heat exchangers for the petrochemical industry. The company recently was contracted to perform a hydrostatic test on a prototype of a pressure vessel. The vessel was pressurizing to 150% of its 12,000 psi design pressure. The pressure vessel was instrumented with strain gauges and pressurized to 18,000 psi. The measured strain was within tolerance of the code and no defects were detected. Their Product Design Group specializes in heavy industrial equipment design for use in the offshore and onshore drilling and completions industry along with the power generation, petrochemical, manufacturing, construction, and aerospace industries.
- The Pressure Vessel Research Council is part of the Welding Research Council, Inc. (WRC). PVRC was formed as part of WRC in 1945. This organization coordinates and extends research on different aspects of pressure vessel technology in collaboration with industry volunteer committees.
- Pressure Vessel Engineering and Design Equations and Calculators